At QMTS Training, we know first-hand that the best learning happens when students have flexible study options that work in with their busy schedules and feel supported through their training to gain their qualifications.
Our flexible study options, supportive approach to student learning needs, and dedication to the delivery quality of our training packages ensures that our students have then best opportunity to succeed.
We are excited to announce that we will be delivering Accredited Maritime courses throughout the Great Barrier Reef region.
Central Queensland Campus
The new Central Queensland Campus is located on board our a fully compliant and equipped 55 foot Catamaran the MB Free Spirit – a DCV with a Class 2B Certificate of Operation for 12 pax and featuring –
- State of the art training facilities including;
- a purpose built training classroom
- fully equipped galley
- a well laid out wheelhouse with a full suite of electronic navigation equipment
- twin Cummins Diesel propulsion units
- and accommodation for up to 6 pax for overnight training
Our Training facility will be be based in Gladstone at the Gladstone Marina opposite Modern Marine, 613 Bryan Jordan Dr Gladstone initially, however we will be moving around the Great Barrier Reef area to meet student and training needs require.
On-Line Learning Training
Our Maritime on-line training program offers students the flexibility to study where ever and whenever they can connect to the internet.
As a on-line learning student you will receive:
- Self-paced and self-directed learning via a structured learning plan
- Access to our online Student Learning Portal, which contains the Structured Learning Plan and includes all learning materials and resources, on-line assessments and practical observation assessments required to complete the course.
- Directed workplace learning activities
- Access to a trainer/facilitator available via phone (Mon to Fri 0900 – 1700) or email and text (at any time) for additional support.
- The opportunity to attend scheduled workshop sessions held at both the Brisbane Campus or the Central Queensland Campus at no extra cost (Enroll through the on-line workshop calendar)
- Electronic access to all Brisbane Campus Workshops (also at no extra cost)
- Access to our fleet of training boats when required or as per scheduled practical training dates.
With COVID 19 restrictions still restricting some students from travel, this is a time-efficient way to gain your Certificate of Completion.
Campus Training Crew
The Central Queensland Campus will headed by Matthew Bampton.
Matt’s qualifications include –
- Master Grade 3
- MED 2
- Cert 4 in Training and Assessment
Matt’s experience includes –
- 10 years with Australian Border Force
- 16 years as Boatsafe Trainer
Assisting Matt will be QMTS Training’s Head Trainer and Chief Operations Officer Nev Willis