The Trustee for CW Family Trust, trading as QMTS Training ABN 88 984 204 534 (“QMTS”, “us”, “we”, “our”) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Why we collect your personal information
As a registered training organisation (RTO), we collect your personal information so we can process and manage your enrolment in a vocational education and training (VET) course with us.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to enable us to deliver VET courses to you, and otherwise, as needed, to comply with our obligations as an RTO.
We will not collect any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
We collect personal information via a variety of sources, including through the QMTS Training website (www.qmts.edu.au), through competitions/promotions and offers, from employees who have requested under instructions from their contacts whether it be via a supplier request or consumer request, via any direct requests from persons who wish to be added to our database to receive communication or as an existing contact of QMTS Training.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes, such as:
- Purposes of research in development of products and assist with marketing research to better understand our consumers purchasing and wants.
- To personalise our consumers experience.
- To improve our website.
- To improve our customer service.
- For general marketing and promotional purposes, including sending periodic emails for marketing purposes in relation to company news, updates, related product or service information.
- To conduct a promotion/competition or offer.
- To assist with administering content for promotion, survey or other site features.
- To provide to our legal advisors, when needed, and other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
- Personal information will only be collected through you directly and not via third parties.
- Our database of personal information is stored on a virtual private network server via our IT provider. ‘
- The database is uploaded to our online email marketing platform located on a secure server with restricted access to QMTS Training.
How we disclose your personal information
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector.
We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
How the NCVER and other bodies handle your personal information
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information.
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
What Information Do We Collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold, include your full name, residential/postal address, email address, telephone number, and information regarding your company/business e.g. company/business name and address (if necessary). No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in QMTS Training being unable to provide you with upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or provide the certain or requested service, including accepting competition entries and sales of products.
You may receive a student survey which may be run by a government department or an NCVER employee, agent, third-party contractor or another authorised agency. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information.
You may request access of the personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information by contacting us via phone, email or mail, as outlined in point 11 below. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent it would not be permitted under Australian privacy laws.
Personal information we collect from you will not be disclosed to any entity located overseas, unless QMTS Training expressly seeks authorisation from you directly via telephone or email for such disclosure. In such circumstances, you will be advised of the countries to which the personal information will be disclosed unless it is impracticable to do so.
QMTS Training and links to other web sites
The QMTS Training website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. QMTS Training is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the QMTS Training website.
At any time, you may contact QMTS Training to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
- ask a question about this Privacy Notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +617 3186 6930; or mail: “Privacy Query”, QMTS Training, 578 Royal Esplanade, Manly, Qld 4179.
QMTS Training takes such matters seriously and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with the matter.